Monday, April 7, 2008

The Weather Report

Today I was reminding myself of all the days I rejoiced in not experiencing Wisconsin's heavy snowfalls and freezing temperatures, as today I would gladly have swapped Frankfurt's weather report with Wisconsin's.

I woke up to a slushy white that had me watching where I put my feet and trying to clear of the snow piles falling off tree limbs. And I needed my gloves, something that hasn't happened very often since I arrived in Germany.

The snow continued throughout the morning, blowing sideways past the windows and decided to pick up a bit at lunchtime but go away in the afternoon so that by the time I came home from work, damp roads were the only remnant of the snowy slush.

2 comments:

bette said...

melissa, welcome to German april weather, which can be very capricious, lol. here it was freezing just last night, and I think it killed off my quice tree's blossoms. I am relieved to see that you seem to settle in quite nicely and start exploring. btw, that tower doesn't look medieval, but neo-gothic late 19th, early 20th century - looks like a water tower to me ;-)
how is your german? when can we expect the first german blog entry?

Melissa said...

Danke für die Information auf der Turm, habe ich das Beitritt korregieren.

Ich weiss nicht wann ich ein ganz Blog Beitritt auf Deutsch geschrieben. Am Ende mein Deutschkurse hat die Lehrerin gesagt dass mein Deustch "Foundational" war. Ich kann Disney Movies auf Deutsch sehen und am meistens verstanden. Ich habe nicht so viel Gluck mit mein Deutsch Märchenbuch.


I hope that says:
Thank you for the information on the Tower, I have corrected the entry.

I don't know when I will write an entire blog entry in German. At the end of my German class the teacher said my German was "Foundational." I can watch Disney movies in German and understand most of what is happening. I haven't had as much luck with my German fairy tale book.